Materials and Methods
Culture of Embryonic Stem Cells/iPSCs
Flow Cytometry and Genotyping Analysis of ESC-Derived Chimeras
Genotyping of iPSC-Derived Chimeras Using a Single EGFP-KSL Cell–Derived Colony or Splenocytes
Generation of Kidney from Embryonic Stem Cells
Generation of Kidney from iPSCs
Polyclonal Origin of Single Glomerulus or Nephron in Mouse Chimeras
Immunohistochemical Analysis of iPSC-Derived Kidneys
- Sakaki-Yumoto M.
- Kobayashi C.
- Sato A.
- Fujimura S.
- Matsumoto Y.
- Takasato M.
- Kodama T.
- Aburatani H.
- Asashima M.
- Yoshida N.
- Nishinakamura R.
- Organ trafficking and transplant tourism and commercialism: the Declaration of Istanbul.Lancet. 2008; 372: 5-6
- Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors.Cell. 2006; 126: 663-676
- Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors.Cell. 2007; 131: 861-872
- RAG-2-deficient blastocyst complementation: an assay of gene function in lymphocyte development.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1993; 90: 4528-4532
- Generation of rat pancreas in mouse by interspecific blastocyst injection of pluripotent stem cells.Cell. 2010; 142: 787-799
- Murine homolog of SALL1 is essential for ureteric bud invasion in kidney development.Development. 2001; 128: 3105-3115
- Identification of kidney mesenchymal genes by a combination of microarray analysis and Sall1-GFP knockin mice.Mech Dev. 2004; 121: 547-557
- HPRT-deficient (Lesch-Nyhan) mouse embryos derived from germLine colonization by cultured cells.Nature. 1987; 326: 292-295
- Quantitative expression of Oct-3/4 defines differentiation, dedifferentiation or self-renewal of ES cells.Nat Genet. 2000; 24: 372-376
- Definitive proof for direct reprogramming of hematopoietic cells to pluripotency.Blood. 2009; 114: 1764-1767
- Manipulating the mouse embryo: a laboratory manual.Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY2003
- Two splice variants of the Wilms' tumor 1 gene have distinct functions during sex determination and nephron formation.Cell. 2001; 106: 319-329
- Gene targeting of VEGF-A in thymus epithelium disrupts thymus blood vessel architecture.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005; 102: 10587-10592
- Rescue of cardiac defects in id knockout embryos by injection of embryonic stem cells.Science. 2004; 306: 247-252
- Clonal analysis of mouse development reveals a polyclonal origin for yolk sac blood islands.Dev Cell. 2006; 11: 519-533
- Two-step oligoclonal development of male germ cells.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2009; 106: 175-180
- Organ size is limited by the number of embryonic progenitor cells in the pancreas but not the liver.Nature. 2007; 445: 886-891
- Identification of multipotent progenitors in the embryonic mouse kidney by a novel colony-forming assay.Development. 2006; 133: 151-161
- Paracrine PDGF-B/PDGF-Rbeta signaling controls mesangial cell development in kidney glomeruli.Development. 1998; 125: 3313-3322
- Bidirectional transcriptional activity of PGK-neomycin and unexpected embryonic lethality in heterozygote chimeric knockout mice.Genesis. 2001; 30: 259-263
- Glutamine synthetase is essential in early mouse embryogenesis.Dev Dynam. 2007; 236: 1865-1875
- The murine homolog of SALL4, a causative gene in Okihiro syndrome, is essential for embryonic stem cell proliferation, and cooperates with Sall1 in anorectal, heart, brain and kidney development.Development. 2006; 133: 3005-3013
- Sall genes regulate region-specific morphogenesis in the mouse limb by modulating Hox activities.Development. 2009; 136: 585-594
- Loss of the Sall3 gene leads to palate deficiency, abnormalities in cranial nerves, and perinatal lethality.Mol Cell Biol. 2004; 24: 7102-7112
Supported by grants from the Japan Science Technology Agency (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science, and Technology, Japan).
J.U. and T.K. contributed equally to this work.
Current address of J.U., Department of Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan.
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy