- Vinores S.A.
- Van Niel E.
- Swerdloff J.L.
- Campochiaro P.A.
- Kim D.I.
- Park M.J.
- Lim S.K.
- Choi J.H.
- Kim J.C.
- Han H.J.
- Kundu T.K.
- Park J.I.
- Yoon K.C.
- Park S.W.
- Park J.S.
- Heo Y.R.
- Park S.H.
Materials and Methods
Quantitative Real-Time PCR Analysis
Western Blot Analysis
Cell Viability Assay
Reporter Vector Construction and Luciferase Assay
Flow Cytometry Apoptosis Assay
HG Damages RPE Cells and Up-Regulates miR-93 Expression
miR-93 Is Up-Regulated under HG Condition
Nrf2 Is a Target Gene of miR-93 in ARPE-19 Cells
Nrf2 Overexpression Alleviates the HG-Induced Apoptotic Effect of ARPE-19 Cells Mediated by miR-93
MEG3 Directly Targets miR-93 in ARPE-19 Cells
MEG3 Is Down-Regulated under HG Condition, Overexpression of MEG3 Alleviates HG-Induced Apoptosis through the miR-93/Nrf2 Axis
- Causes of vision loss worldwide, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis.Lancet Glob Health. 2013; 1: e339-e349
- Diabetic retinopathy.Lancet. 2010; 376: 124-136
- Age-related macular degeneration: current and novel therapies.Maturitas. 2010; 66: 46-50
- Retinal imaging and image analysis.IEEE Rev Biomed Eng. 2010; 3: 169-208
- Decreased visual function after patchy loss of retinal pigment epithelium induced by low-dose sodium iodate.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009; 50: 4004-4010
- Cellular mechanisms of blood-retinal barrier dysfunction in macular edema.Doc Ophthalmol. 1999; 97: 217-228
- Muller cell-derived VEGF is essential for diabetes-induced retinal inflammation and vascular leakage.Diabetes. 2010; 59: 2297-2305
- Significance of outer blood-retina barrier breakdown in diabetes and ischemia.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011; 52: 2160-2164
- Non-retinovascular leakage in diabetic maculopathy.Br J Ophthalmol. 1995; 79: 728-731
- Degeneration of retinal neuronal processes and pigment epithelium in the early stage of the streptozotocin-diabetic rats.Neuropathology. 2002; 22: 161-170
- Electron microscopic immunocytochemical demonstration of blood-retinal barrier breakdown in human diabetics and its association with aldose reductase in retinal vascular endothelium and retinal pigment epithelium.Histochem J. 1993; 25: 648-663
- Electron microscopic immunocytochemical evidence for the mechanism of blood-retinal barrier breakdown in galactosemic rats and its association with aldose reductase expression and inhibition.Exp Eye Res. 1993; 57: 723-735
- A permeability defect of the retinal pigment epithelium. Occurrence in early streptozocin diabetes.Arch Ophthalmol. 1980; 98: 725-728
- MicroRNA-29 regulates high-glucose-induced apoptosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells through PTEN.In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016; 52: 419-426
- Retinal pigment epithelium-immune system interactions: cytokine production and cytokine-induced changes.Prog Retin Eye Res. 2001; 20: 29-48
- High-glucose-induced CARM1 expression regulates apoptosis of human retinal pigment epithelial cells via histone 3 arginine 17 dimethylation: role in diabetic retinopathy.Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014; 560: 36-43
- The retinal pigment epithelium: something more than a constituent of the blood-retinal barrier--implications for the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy.J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010; 2010: 190724
- Visiting “noncodarnia”.Biotechniques. 2013; 54 (301, 303-304)
- Long noncoding RNAs in diabetic retinopathy.Circ Res. 2015; 116: 1104-1106
- Long noncoding RNA-MEG3 is involved in diabetes mellitus-related microvascular dysfunction.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016; 471: 135-141
- Role of microRNAs in the modulation of diabetic retinopathy.Prog Retin Eye Res. 2014; 43: 92-107
- Hypoxia-induced deregulation of miR-126 and its regulative effect on VEGF and MMP-9 expression.Int J Med Sci. 2014; 11: 17-23
- miR-195 regulates SIRT1-mediated changes in diabetic retinopathy.Diabetologia. 2014; 57: 1037-1046
- Comparisons of microRNA expression profiles in vitreous humor between eyes with macular hole and eyes with proliferative diabetic retinopathy.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015; 253: 335-342
- MiR-34a overexpression enhances the inhibitory effect of doxorubicin on HepG2 cells.World J Gastroenterol. 2019; 25: 2752-2762
- MicroRNAs: a new ray of hope for diabetes mellitus.Protein Cell. 2012; 3: 726-738
- starBase: a database for exploring microRNA-mRNA interaction maps from Argonaute CLIP-Seq and Degradome-Seq data.Nucleic Acids Res. 2011; 39: D202-D209
- Reversal of the caspase-dependent apoptotic cytotoxicity pathway by taurine from Lycium barbarum (Goji berry) in human retinal pigment epithelial cells: potential benefit in diabetic retinopathy.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012; 2012: 323784
- MicroRNA miR-93 promotes tumor growth and angiogenesis by targeting integrin-beta8.Oncogene. 2011; 30: 806-821
- MiR-93 enhances angiogenesis and metastasis by targeting LATS2.Cell Cycle. 2012; 11: 4352-4365
- Plasma level of miR-93 is associated with higher risk to develop type 2 diabetic retinopathy.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2017; 255: 1159-1166
- MiR-93 inhibition ameliorates OGD/R induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis by targeting Nrf2.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017; 21: 5456-5461
- miR-93-3p alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation and apoptosis in H9c2 cardiomyocytes by inhibiting toll-like receptor 4.Pathol Res Pract. 2018; 214: 1686-1693
- Targeting the transcription factor Nrf2 to ameliorate oxidative stress and inflammation in chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2013; 83: 1029-1041
- A protective role of nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) in inflammatory disorders.Mutat Res. 2010; 690: 12-23
- Nrf2 protein up-regulates antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2 and prevents cellular apoptosis.J Biol Chem. 2012; 287: 9873-9886
- NRF2 plays a protective role in diabetic retinopathy in mice.Diabetologia. 2014; 57: 204-213
- Nrf2 has a protective role against neuronal and capillary degeneration in retinal ischemia-reperfusion injury.Free Radic Biol Med. 2011; 51: 216-224
- Long non-coding RNA MEG3 inhibits the proliferation of cervical carcinoma cells through the induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis.Neoplasma. 2013; 60: 486-492
- MEG3 noncoding RNA: a tumor suppressor.J Mol Endocrinol. 2012; 48: R45-R53
- LncRNA MEG3 overexpression inhibits the development of diabetic retinopathy by regulating TGF-beta1 and VEGF.Exp Ther Med. 2018; 16: 2337-2342
- The long non-coding RNA MEG3/miR-let-7c-5p axis regulates ethanol-induced hepatic steatosis and apoptosis by targeting NLRC5.Front Pharmacol. 2018; 9: 302
- Long noncoding RNA MEG3 mediated angiogenesis after cerebral infarction through regulating p53/NOX4 axis.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017; 490: 700-706
Disclosures: None declared.
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy